We have a school uniform which children are required to wear. We believe this fosters a feeling of school identity and promotes a sense of pride in being part of the school community – all school uniform, must be named.
Our uniform is stocked at:
Gray Palmer Ltd
47 High Street
Saffron Walden,CB 10 1AR
Phone: 01799 522159
Gray Palmer are running an on-line ordering service via their website http://www.graypalmer.co.uk/store/
You are welcome to buy the non-logoed elements of the uniform from other suppliers.
- School sweatshirt or cardigan with logo
- School polo shirt with logo (or plain white polo shirt)
- Skirt, pinafore dress or trousers: navy blue (not jeans)
- Shorts: navy blue (not denim or football shorts)
- Summer dress: light blue and white check
- Shoes: navy blue or black shoes should be close-toed and not sandals
- Socks: white, navy blue or black
- Tights: navy blue only
- Coats: we advise showerproof
- Please choose a shoe fastening that is easy for your child to manage on their own
- Please note that trainers are not part of the uniform for daily wear but are acceptable for PE
- Where hair is long enough it should be fully tied back when in school.
- Any hairbands used must be plain and a colour that complements the school uniform. All novelty hairbands, such as cat ears, flowers and large bows are not permitted
- Hairstyles judged to be extreme by the Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team are not permitted
Make up, including nail polish, should not be worn in school.
If your child has pierced ears they may wear one small single pair of studs. No other jewellery is permitted. Children MUST be able to remove earrings in order to take part in PE. Staff are not permitted to remove earrings and the school is unable to take responsibility for any jewellery that is lost.
If you intend to have your child’s ears pierced, please be aware that unless they can remove the earrings for PE or swimming themselves, they will not be able to take part in sessions. For safety reasons we do not allow taped up earrings in our school. The best time to have this done is at the start of the Summer holidays so they are healed by the time the children return in September.
The school PE kit is available through Fosters Schoolwear. They are based in Bishops Stortford and there are three ways you can order PE kit:
- Termly pop-up shops at RAB
- On-line via fostersschoolwear.co.uk
- Visit their Bishops Stortford shop at: 12 Birchanger Industrial Estate, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 2TH
Fosters have created the film below outlining how to measure for your PE kit so that you are able to order on-line rather than visiting their premises.
If you are looking to order PE kits for the start of the September 2021 term, Fosters recommend that you order by Saturday 31st July. They will still accept orders after this date, however they cannot guarantee they will be able to fulfil them prior to the start of the school term.
Only the RAB polo shirt is a compulsory item, all the other items can be purchased elsewhere. If you do not decide to purchase these products from Fosters, we request that your child wears a navy blue non-branded alternative for PE lessons. Your child can also continue to wear Kukri PE kit if you have inherited it.
- Compulsory RAB logo-ed polo shirt (available from Fosters)
- Navy Blue shorts/skort
- Navy blue socks
- RAB or navy blue tracksuit
- Skins – your child may choose to wear skins during the winter. These should be navy blue or black only, no bright colours
- Trainers – dark or white, no bright colours
- Studded boots – these are not a compulsory item, however we do recommend studded boots for tag rugby, football and hockey in the Junior School
- Gum shields – one gum shield will be provided by the school for each Junior child to use during hockey lessons
- Shin pads – children will require shin pads in the Junior School for football and hockey lessons/clubs
- Swimming costume (From Year 2) – swimming trunks (not Bermuda shorts) or one piece swimsuits only
- Cap: swimming caps are compulsory for all school children at the swimming pool
Your child will need their PE kit from the first day of term (PE kit should then be left in school, in a PE bag).
Book bags and PE bags are available through Gray Palmer. These are not compulsory, but are recommended for Reception to Y2 as we know that these book bags will fit into the children’s drawers at school.